Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Jasper

This is Jasper. He is another addition to my long list of why I think some people really suck.


He was found on the side of the Coaldale highway by the Atco Gas guy in -25 degree weather. He saw him in the ditch, pulled over to see if he was still alive and told him to hang on, he had to go to another call and would pick him up on the way back. So Jasper waited. The mans next stop after picking him up was my grandma's house to re-light her furnace. He jokingly asked him she knew anyone who rescued animals, to which she happily replied her granddaughter. Dogs grandma, not cats. So out to his van I went to see this poor cold little guy lying in the bottom of the kennel not moving just glancing up when the door opened. Fearing the worst I said I would take him, the least I could do if he was in that bad of shape was take him to the vet and put him to rest, he had been through enough. I loaded him in my truck and headed home to call and make an appointment with the vet. I brought the carrier in the house, gave him some water, a blanket and put it in the warm laundry room until it was time to go. Not even 15 minutes later the little bugger had snuck out of the kennel and was doing figure eights at my feet purring like crazy, other than a bad case of ear mites he was fine, just had to warm up. Turns out he is friendly, cuddly, litter trained, loves dogs, cats, people and kids and is pretty perfect. I emailed some people to see if anyone wanted him, to no reply.

So to the stupid jerk that dumped their perfect cat on the side of the road, I hope you come back as your own animal in your next life. You do not deserve the unconditional love an animal has to give, you only deserve what you give to those animals.

So as much as I do not want another animal to love and have to say goodbye to one day, Jasper and the other boys in my house decided I did not have a choice. Plus he is the only one willing to sit with me and cuddle during Noah's 3am feeding, I look past the part that he is purring so much he is drooling on my arm!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

this story is amazing!